Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Who do you recommend?

There has been a distinct lack of blogworthy material in my life this week.

On the hair front, I have had 4 people ask me for my Hair stylists number since I last went to Ernesto's. Can I just say that this is a triumph! A TRIUMPH.

If Hair Stylists, Doctors, Dentists, Mechanics, Car Insurance brokers and my Parents gave commission for the number of clients/people that I sent on to them, they would be paying ME to visit them. I include my parents because they are fabulous and really, if you haven't met them, you need to.

They go to the furthest corners of the globe, further than Siberia, further than the jungles of the Phillipines. They trot all over the world Mothering and Fathering everyone they meet and having a lot of fun doing it. They stand on the far borders of Russia, looking longly over the river towards China and hope that they can travel there. They've slept on broken beds and in single beds, in little mud huts in Rwanda whilst large wild cats broke into their living area and ate the remains of dinner.

They have brought home the strangest collection of gifts that I have ever seen, faithfully packing each, usually heavy and awkward item into their suitcases and lugging them home. I was particularly delighted to see the arrival of the large ceramic Boar. It was about 2 and a half feet long, over a foot high and a delightful shade of mustard brown. It had some sort of teapot lid on the top of it, we never quite figured it out.

They are adventurous and feisty, generous and humble. And they cook fabulous, fabulous food. Roll on Christmas!

(If you could imagine a picture of them at this point that would be helpful. I would have included a picture of their fabulous selves but unfortunately I experienced some technical difficulties).


Although I like to share the things I love, I do not share my car. Or my macbaby.

However, I would like to point out that I have never recommended my Oral Surgeon to anyone. Nor to my waxing lady, who is my waxing lady no more for several reasons. One being due to a certain harshness of style and two, because a conversation on the differences between the traditional Roman Catholic church and TACF whilst having one's legs waxed, is not my idea of a relaxing time and three, I have discovered Veet. Which is extremely effective, easy to use, much cheaper and doesn't involve harsh ministrations by Polish ladies.

My oral surgeon is fodder for a whole other blog entry. Which if you are planning on having your wisdom teeth out in the next five years, I don't recommend that you read.

10 comments:

sc@vp said...

I'm having my wisdom teeth out in january ...

is there something i should know?

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I agree...your parents are fabulous. Bloggers of the world, Mrs Dalley makes the BEST earl grey brew and fruit cake and Nutella on toast and Mr Dalley...well he can handbrake a BMW on black ice at the top of a steep hill. Ahh that was a fun evening...

A.J. said...

I am with you on the car and macbaby non-lending policy!

Your parents? Absolutely fabulous it's true! In fact the idea of eating their food in all your company at Christmas (were we to crash your family do) is spectacularly attractive both because of the food quality and the company!

Lastly, your wisdom extraction episode. I remember it well and truly your horror story should not be shared with Shannon! (Sorry Shannon!) But it's just not right what the "doctor" put your poor little face through!

sc@vp said...

OMGOODNESS -

everyone dish about their teeth.

RIGHT NOW.

Charlie said...

the only benefit is the drugs afterwards.

Anonymous said...

My dad watched me drink a whole strawberry milkshake through a straw, that i was enjoying so much.. .and didn't tell me that i was only getting maybe an 1/8 of it into my mouth. when i finished and looked down... it was all over my front and the blankets and he howled with laughter. I was so doped (Charlie has a point) that I kinda chuckled (although breathed funny is more like it when your mouth has only room for a peanut in it) and laughed too. And that's all I remember, that and waking up and being SO COLD.

Anonymous said...

ps. i love my father and that story is one i actually think is funny. no worries, no horrible issues from that one. :)

A.J. said...

Ummm hello! How long do we hav to wait for the next post?

Anonymous said...

I'm with AJ.
Chop chop Ms Dalley! Mush!!

sc@vp said...

It's sort of boring reading the same post over and over every day.

maybe you should post something new?

:-)