Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sheer Genius

He is a genius.

He is fabulous. He is talented. He is funny. He flirts semioutrageously. He knows what's inside my head and makes it happen. He is talented. (Did I mention that?) He is genius. And he is MY hairstylist people.

Can I tell you how happy this makes me? Like, really, really happy!

I love every hair cut he gives me. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I tell you no lie.

Gone are the days of leaving the salon after reassuring the hairdresser that you do like it, whilst secretly being filled with angst that they cut it too short, that they styled it wrong, that you are now doomed to wear a hat for the next few weeks. Remember those times when you would carefully spell out to the stylist what you wanted, repeating important words such as "NO MORE THAN AN INCH OFF" or "NO LAYERS" whilst they smiled, nodded even and then blithely went on their merry way chopping and layering as though their life depended on it. Remember? Remember? Perhaps it is only me who has had such experiences?

Well people, those days are in the past. Barely a troubling memory.

Today was yet another happy, happy hairstyling event for me. The glistening early morning start. (OK, so it's worth it!) The fervid cheek kissing. The cappucinos. The sublime shampooing (By a Urugyuan man named Alfredo. Alfredo? I was going to say that he was saucy (heh heh). But not really. He was elated to find out that I was English and kept interjecting the head massage with "I love the Eenglesh" or "Eengland is wonderful" . Apparently we are relaxed, enjoy smoking and play alot of Electronic music. Most enlightening.) However back to the happy, happy hair styling experience. The highlighting. The cappucinos. The cutting. The pep talks.

According to Ernesto, I need a serious boyfriend. However he reassured me that I have a good few years yet (apparently to find one). This was very comforting.

Anyway, I love my hair.



9 comments:

A.J. said...

Yep, It's been 5 glorious years since I started going to Ernesto and there is no going back. He is pure genius, his whole crew is really!

Great hair cut by the way!

Anonymous said...

Gasp! What beauty. Why are all male hairdressers flamboyant extroverts with panache and an eye for what the Ladies want, nay, NEED in their styling? And why are they all called Ernesto or Frederico? Methinks its because they celebrate beauty and flair and women hairdressers are simply jealous of such beauty and wonderous locks and feel the urge to over-snip them. Gnash and wail.
Can I please meet Ernesto when I come over? I promise not steal him as a souvenir. Mwah!

Mimosa said...

Yeh, great hair cut! Its truly a BLESSING (And a rarity) if you find a good hairdresser! I do love my own latest do though- that said, it was a he who did it! :)

Lois said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lois said...

Sarah, it looks wonderful, YOU LOOK HOT BABY!
and oh my...you tell it like it really is...so many times i have left the hairdressers with those exact feelings (the not-so-good feelings) as mentioned here in your exquisit blog. I too have just had my hair cut, I paid the most I have EVER paid for a hair cut and in the hope that the guy who cut my hair will never read this blog...i looked like an 80's rock star...from the 80's, not a cool 2006 version. Junior has a new nick-name for me - Rod Stewart...i am not even joking! I have however fixed the unfortunate problem myself, but i long for the kind of hair stylist of which you speak. Please Lord!
lots of love from Brazil x mwah

Unknown said...

I'm simply leaving a coment cause no guys have yet...

great hair sarah...

Adele said...

Luxido de Zinc????

Too great a name to be real, surely.

Also you are officially TWOT.

Too Hot for words.

xx

(I'm hoping Twot is not a rude word in Zinc's world)

Anonymous said...

Who is Bob?

L x

Charlie said...

homina homina