Tuesday, September 26, 2006

To Begin at the Beginning

The most difficult thing about starting something, I find, is the starting. (You may want to crosscheck with Lynley's thesis on procrastination at this point for cold hard facts, but as a person just starting a blog, just take my word for it!)

This baby has been at least a year in the making. And the place at which I stuck was the name. Also the first post. And what to colour to make it. And where to write it. Also the thoughts of whether I actually can write any of the details of my life down without:

a) Any of the people I write about actually managing to happen upon this blog, and trust me, it's a small, small world.

b) Any of the people I write about, then coming up to accost me in Starbucks the next week in an angry manner.

c) And they would be even more angry the week after that, once the details of the angry accostment had made it onto this blog.

d) Sheer disbelief. "Yes, I take part in exorcism's on a regular basis."

Hmmm, so no promises as to what this blog might contain, except hopefully it will be fun and fabulous.

8 comments:

Adele said...

Oh but I love it already. It is certainly fun and fabulous.....and I read it fast too.

I shall certainly not be accosting you in an angry manner in Starbucks. But then I already knew you did exorcisms for a living.

So glad you are a blogger!

Anonymous said...

i am SO HAPPY! please post as often as possible. did you know that you can make this password protected to that only people you want to see it can look at it with the password? jason and i are considering doing this as well, since i really want to do things like a video blog about the pakistani girl in his class who asked me why american's are so fat (in my best pakistani voice) ... but he says i can't... or talk about how my roomates are driving me CRAZY... but again, can't do that... so... password protected? hmmmm. i'm thinkin about it.

Anonymous said...

yay, yay, you are blogging. I thought I heard the click, clicking of your new baby-mac into the early hours of the morning.....just kidding!

I think you should post about the shrine you have dedicated to your macbook.

Adele said...

I am now checking this blog approximately 8 times a day to see if there is anything new here.

And I have RSS feed which tells me when there is a new post.

Yet I keep looking in the hope that RSS is wrong.

Bad RSS.

See? Addicted already.

A.J. said...

Oh how fun! What a wonderful start miss Starbucks! Just remember to be accosted they have to catch you first which is where long legs come in handy!

Welcome to the blog years... they are truly marvelous!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I am hooked. But why don't I get a link from your sidebar. And Krista - having heard your pakistani voice, I definately think you should do a video of it. If you don't go down the password route, I'll host the video of you on my site!

sc@vp said...

oh oh ... almost paradise!
I'm knocking on heaven's door!
Almost paradise!
How could I ask for more?
I swear that I could see forever iiiin your blog.
Paaaaradise ...

(I have NO IDEA where that came from. And, truth be told, I'm a little embarrassing that I know all the words. [shudders])

Anonymous said...

I admire anyone who has the time and the gift to write a blog. You my dear have an incredible gift with words so I know whatever you write will edify us all.